View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 10:24 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Set 9 Timeline

Set 9 officially will release on June 14th. It is currently available on Riot's PBE (Public Beta Environment). I tend to not play on PBE until the last few days, as the game isn't stable or balanced in the first week. However, there are some changes to the economic pacing of the game that are being tested and I think it'll take more time to adjust to those, so I'm looking to start playing PBE games immediately.

6/5 - 6/8: The PBE launch hasn't been great, lots of long queues and crashes, I only got in for the first time Monday. I'm not expecting great balance. I do want to do a little preparation here, but I'm playing a llttle NBA 2K and a little Diablo, and maybe casually playing some TFT here and there.

6/9 - 6/12: Starting Saturday with the set release closer, things are more stable, not being patched every day. I'll start to take PBE games as seriously as possible, trying out team comps to see what I like, watching some twitch streams from pro players, at this point I'm still memorizing all of the champions and their traits and what the cards look like as well. PBE games have people of all skill levels so they're not great. I may try to get into some in-houses - games where 8 people from certain discords play practice games together to guarantee a solid skill level.

6/13: The set goes live the next day, so I want to go into ranked with a plan. I want to settle on a specific strategy and start implementing it on the last day of PBE.

6/14: Off we go into ranked and live play! Everyone starts in Iron, but matchmaking is based on where you finished last set. There's a brief time where I'll be playing Master level opponents with an Iron or Silver rank. It's great.

Last edited by Radii : 06-07-2023 at 10:27 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote