View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #335
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's fun 95% of the time, but the 5% is something you never want to deal with. Dealing with an angry bride or angry parents of the bride is the worst, even when you know you've done nothing wrong. People do not mince words when your the owner of a service industry business and they're irritated because things don't go their way. You have to be like an umpire and just let it bounce off you and move on to the next one.

Good news is that we've been very fortunate during this year when so many are losing their business. Business is actually up because we are outside of the core of the city, so we don't have as many restrictions as event spaces in the more populated areas. So we've been getting extra weddings that could not be hosted in those areas. Also, we have 170 acres on site, so it allows us to have a lot of customers out on the weekends when we're busy because people feel comfortable spacing out.

We're obviously very thankful for our blessings, but it's not always peaches and cream.
Sure. I work in a service industry myself, not to mention I used to perform weddings quite regularly, so I am well aware. There is nothing better, though, when you have good bride and groom and it all goes off well.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote