View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
That being said, as Mike Florio at PFT says, I imagine someone on the Buck staff has to have gotten their pink slip today. Whoever booked Lange has to know what he's like and you just can't have that on a show like this.

I doubt anyone gets canned over it, they rolled the dice & lost, but that's pretty much being treated as "shit happens". And honestly it's way more publicity than the show would have gotten otherwise.

Quote:
HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said Lange "bordered on bad taste" with his "mean-spirited" tone.

"Look, live television is all about risk-reward. We know who Artie Lange was when he was booked," said Greenburg. "We knew there was a certain degree of a risk factor in where he would go and where he would take us. I think at the end of the day, we'll let the public decide. Much the same way the public decided on the appearance of Will Leitch and Buzz Bissinger. ... The public will have the last say in what they thought of Artie Lange tonight."

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-16-2009 at 12:52 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote