View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Buck Live (Artie Lange as a guest?)

Disclaimer: I grew up in St. Louis and Joe Buck was sort of a fixture for Cardinal games. And while things like the Randy Moss "mooning" incident make Joe Buck look kind of foolish I never really understood the hatred for him.

So last night I decide to catch this show. I figured, correctly, that he would have a lot of big name stars and maybe they would say something interesting. His first interview was with Brett Favre and it was not interesting at all and then he had Chad Johnson on (from my favorite team) but failed to call him on his bs about not wanting the attention and not putting down Carson Palmer. So anyways it was a pretty ho hum show until the trainwreck that happened during his roundtable. It was basically Artie Lange just going completely over the top and really pissing Buck off.

I am not sure where I stand. On one hand the producers had to know that Lange was a loose cannon and I don't understand why they would book him. But on the other Lange just took stuff way too far. (talking about jizz, smoking on the set, telling Buck how boring he was, a lot of cock jokes) Buck looked like a first year teacher whose class is out of control but has no idea what to do. You could tell he wanted him to shut up but also wanted to stay "cool" and not appear bent out of shape about it. A couple of times he really looked like he was about to cry.

If you hate Buck or really enjoy watching a trainwreck you need to see a clip of the show.

Youtube keeps pulling it so I would just do a new search to find a clip.

Anyone else see this? I figured there would be at least one post about it.

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote