View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I love me some tea...

I've always loved me some tea. When I was little, my mom used to bake scones and every day after school we would have tea and scones at 4:00. Through high school and college, I always drank hot tea whenever I could. After I started working and got married, I had a little hiatus, but started making cups of tea to drink on the way into work in the morning.

I was satisfied. But then I decided that I would try real tea. I went down to World Market (only place in Memphis I know that has real tea) and picked up some Orange Pekoe Earl Grey tea. I never knew what I was missing! The first night I had four cups of the stuff in an hour it was so good. Only problem was that I drank the stuff after 9 PM. I got to sleep, but after my 2 year old woke up at 10:45 I couldn't fall back asleep until about 2:30 in the morning due to the caffine.

My wife made the comment after I made the first cup that she never saw me so content sipping tea before.

Anyway, I thought I would share with all the other tea drinkers out there, get some good honest to goodness Orange Pekoe, you won't go wrong!

For the uninitiated, Orange Pekoe is a classification for tea leaves where an actual leaf is used (more or less). Most of the stuff you get from the store in tea bags are the fannings which is the dust left over from processing the good stuff. Only problem with orange pekoe is that you have to steep the leaves in a tea pot with no strainer or balls to make sure the leaves "bloom" and give off all their goodness.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote