View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 06:30 PM   #16
BrixtonFC
n00b

It’s time to kick off the season FOR REALZ! I’m very confident of winning the league and the Southern League Cup. (Maybe. If I read the info tab on it correctly, all the 58 teams are either at our level or one higher. Maybe that’s hubris but if the teams above us are also just a bunch of Greys…) We aren’t going to last long in the FA Cup. Or FA Trophy. FA Vase should be ours too as the teams are at or below the 9th level of the English pyramid.

Let’s get to those games!

The first match that matters is an FA Cup meeting. I quickly realize that something is fishy. I’m allowed 12 subs. This is peculiar. I should only be allowed 7 for an FA Cup match. I wonder if the England Level 10 database creator upped the numbers for shits and giggles. I take this opportunity to check the league rules and they too allow for 12 subs. It seems that all the leagues at level 6 and above are setup correctly, thankfully.

FA Cup First Preliminary Round
vs. March Town United, 5 August 2017

Formation: 4-4-2 Standard (GK, DR, DC r, DC l, DL, MR, MC r, MC l, ML, ST r, ST l)
Starting XI: Webb, Maguire, Day, Carroll, Jefcoate, Pearson, Barlow, Smith, Duckett, Macey, O’Donnell
Subs: Friend, Johnstone, Clark, Spearing, Parker, Jones, Donaldson, McAdam, Martin, Taylor, Rae

We start fast with a goal at 2:04 after some lovely clearance play and fancy passing. I knew O’Donnell would be our first scorer due to his massive talent for this level. It takes him less than 2 minutes go get his brace, both assists are by Duckett. At 15’, a long kick from Carroll finds O’Donnell alone on the left flanks and as he charges towards the goal he spies an advancing Macey who polishes his run off with a hard shot into the lower left corner. A counter-attack after a set piece sees more lovely movement from the left side culminating in a lovely low Pearson cross to the feet of Macey and we’re up 4-0 before 25 minutes. Barlow takes us to five because March forgot he was sitting on the far side after a corner and nobody was close enough to prevent him from blasting a shot in. I then switch to Defensive and nothing happens until 88’ when a surprising long kick reaches sub Rae entering the box and as he drives to goal he feeds Macey for a hat trick. Game. Set. Match.

POM: Eddie Macey (3 goals, 1 key pass)

The Week Between
We draw Whitley Bay for the next round of the FA Cup. It’s a very good draw as we are at home and they are at the same level of the pyramid as us. Unlike March, they actually have players. We also have the FA Trophy draw and will be playing at Haverhill, also at the same pyramid level as us.

I got an email on 8 August from my Press Officer, letting me know that the bookmakers think we’re an absolute shoe-in to win the league at 1-5 odds. Nearest competitor is Chatham at 7-2 odds. I feel confident.

Last edited by BrixtonFC : 04-29-2024 at 06:42 PM.
BrixtonFC is offline   Reply With Quote