View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 06:13 AM   #328
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice first step. Wonder if he'll repeat this out loud in his future rallies vs just reporters. I'm sure they'll be asked "the" 2020 election question in GOP debates.

DeSantis: Trump's 2020 election fraud theories were 'unsubstantiated' | CNN Politics
Quote:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday that the “theories” put out by former President Donald Trump and his associates following the 2020 election were “unsubstantiated” and “did not prove to be true.”

“I’ve said many times, the election is what it is. All those theories that were put out, did not prove to be true,” DeSantis, a Republican presidential candidate, told reporters traveling on his Never Back Down bus tour in Iowa. “What I’ve also said is the way you conduct a good election that people have confidence in, you don’t change the rules in the middle of the game.”

“It was not an election that was conducted the way I think we want to, but that’s different than saying, like, ‘Maduro stolen votes’ or something like that,” he added, in reference to Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. “I think those theories, you know, proved to be unsubstantiated.”
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote