View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #22
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
When you're running the 5k, run behind a hot chick and look at her ass the whole way. That motivates you. Seriously.

Anyhow, I think everyone has provided good advice, so I don't have anything else further to add other than running on a treadmill is really boring, so I do math while I'm running. I try to "bank" minutes by setting out to do a 10 minute mile average and bank my minutes by running a 7 minute first mile (bank 3 minutes), and so on for the next miles. I also calculate what percentage I've done as well.

I'd also recommend running slower and consistently over 3.1 miles as opposed to running a 6 minute mile for the first mile and ending up being far more tired running the next 2.1 miles. On the flipside, it's good to run sprints to train your body to run faster and alternate those workouts with LSD (Long Slow Distance).

My two cents.

lol...I do stuff like this, too. Mental arithmetic, usually based on the readouts on the treadmill in front of me. Surprising how much time it can take away if you give yourself a thorny enough problem.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote