View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:08 AM   #2176
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
CPI just a tad higher than expected but I think most people now believe rate cuts will be pushed to Q3, and with the possibility that will be pushed even further. Doesn't help Joe.

According to graphic in link, biggest culprit for year-over-year increase is

Hereā€™s the good news in a troubling inflation report

I don't understand why Auto Insurance is the big outlier. I wonder if its because the big insurers are jacking up auto rates to make up for the losses in the other areas like Home insurance.

Housing made me check Zillow and it says my home price has gone up 2% in the past 30 days. Not going to complain but that's just ridiculous for boring suburbia north of Atlanta.

For new cars, my baseline is checking Truecar on base model Corolla. Market average is -8.4% of MSRP which is better than the deal I got last Dec.
My wife is an insurance agent and a ton of things are coming into play. Insurers are still trying to get some of the "covid rebates" back they gave when people weren't driving. Repair costs have also increased a ton with all the advanced tech in cars and they are a little behind reacting to inflation. My wife convinced me to get a CRV in February of 2020 (right before covid) and it has been a great move. That car is one of the cheapest to insure out there.

Last edited by Arles : 04-12-2024 at 10:09 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote