View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 06:30 PM   #246
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It was you that brought up leaving Gaza strip and being in a prison (e.g. the tangent) when I was talking about Gazans leaving Gaza city and going south for safer areas (e.g. but still being in Gaza strip).

When you brought up prison, I brought up the prison is not just because Israel but their Arab brothers also.

They are migrating South. Again, why should civilians be forced from their homes and corralled into an even smaller concentration camp? How is this acceptable to any human being?

And what do you mean Arab brothers? Is this some segregation fetish where you have to live among the same skin color? Why support ethnostates? A stretch of Gaza is connected to Egypt. That's the only country that could possibly take them (and it's a lot to ask a poor country to take 2 million refugees). There is no way to access the West Bank (Israel would never allow this anyway), Jordan, or any other "brothers".

And even if there was a path to some magical country you think is connected to Gaza, why should civilians be forced from their homes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
When you brought up prison, I brought up the prison is not just because Israel but their Arab brothers also.

It's in fucking Israel. Why would another country not connected to that land have any responsibility for it? It's like imprisoning everyone in the state of Washington behind a wall, putting a naval blockade on them, blowing up their airports, and then blaming France for not taking those people in.

Again, why should they be forced from their homes again? Why the support for apartheid and segregation? Rhodesia is dead man.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote