View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 02:02 PM   #306
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I remember losing 3rd round picks in previous versions, and seeing that happen to the AI. But not here. Is that something that shows up in the transaction log? I don't see it there, and I don't seem to have lost any picks, despite being over the cap every season. I'm really surprised you've seen it happen to the AI, since I've never seen them go over the cap, and are often well under it.

there was no notification. I did not see it the third round came up and it said something like "forfeited pick". It didn't appear in the trade screen either.

I see this happen often to AI teams. there is simply a note on the draft screen that they forfeited the pick. Buffalo has to deal with Allen's big contract and they don't do that well every time. I remember looking to see what his current contract calls for, and the game has it exactly right. Lots of speculative writing in sports land about how they will renegotiate him this year--for real.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote