View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #54
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
And as long as Iraq and Afghanistan can succeed to the point where democracy becomes self-regenerating in their own flavor of democracy (and with no US support) their own sphere's of influence will push back against the aniquated systems of hard-liner theocratic rule.

Of course, a democratic middle east would present it's own challenges, but I think economic rivals are better than ideological rivals. At least in today's global world.

It's all a bit risky, but right now, success seems to have huge rewards, while failure seems to return us to where we were in 2001. It's worth the effort in my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. For 50 some odd years, we've been basically playing pattycake in the region and taken a hands off approach. The worst we accomplish by the hands on approach is what we saw before.

And before anyone says that we're making more terrorists, etc., we have not heard of any attacks against US assets anywhere outside of the two warzones since we've been there (at least none that I can recall).
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote