View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 11:48 AM   #59
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
Hmm, it seems to be the teams that changed their team number in the league structure file. I have a master database where each player has one line. There are a column for each season they played, with their team numbers in them. Anyways, I'll need to fix that.

That makes sense. I think I saw the team numbers are different in one of the league files, depending on the league format. Hopefully not too difficult of a fix.

Quote:
I might scale things a bit differently. I think it's one of the 90's 49ers teams that had the most talent ever. Does the salary cap work well using realistic numbers for the year? It didn't in FOF8 because the increases were by dollar amount so the first increase basically doubled the salary cap, if FOF9 by percentage?

FOF9 is still based on dollar amount, but you can change it in the settings, and it appears you can change it as you progress through the career. I set the min at 0 and the max at 1, so I get an increase from 0 to $1M the first year, and my plan is to increase those numbers over time, keeping them at around 5-10% of the cap. That seems to work fine, but the drawback is you have to remember to change it every year. I think you'd have that issue with a $100M cap after a few years into the future anyway, because if you don't change it, your cap increase is too small.

This seems like an area where LESS customization would be preferred in the game. Just set the minimum at 5% and the maximum at 10%, and call it a day. But if the game does want to allow customization, it should let the user customize the percentages rather than the dollars.

I see what you're saying about the 90s 49ers teams, but I think given how some teams are so far below the cap, it's probably best to scale it so the team with the most talent THAT YEAR is at the cap, rather than only the most talented team ever. Maybe even a little over, so they have to get rid of some players. I mean, if the 76 Steelers are 90% as good as the 94 49ers, and the 76 Steelers are at 90% of the cap because of that, it just brings the 76 Giants down from 50% of the cap to 45% of the cap. I dunno. It's probably very subjective depending on how people want to play, and maybe it's more fitting to a pre-salary-cap NFL for a team to have a ton of talent and still not have to worry about the cap.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 03-07-2024 at 11:58 AM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote