View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #194
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Just for the record, there has been no change at all in what Grantland pushes on social media. Everything goes out on Twitter; most (but not all) things go out on Facebook.

Remember, you don't see everything a site pushes to Facebook. There's an algorithm, largely random, that only shows you a small slice of what's posted. It sounds like you've had some bad luck in terms of what's wound up in your feed vs. what you'd prefer to see. That's all that's going on here.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the algorithm.

Just looked at the FB page itself, of posts timestamped as the past 24 hours, it's 9 sports & 7 non. Of those, my feed got hit with 0/3.

Of those tagged by FB as "yesterday", it's 6 sports/7 non (including several nons that repeated themselves in the past 24 hours). I believe I got 0/2 of those.

All told, it's virtually 50/50 for the past two days ... that's just a site killer for me when the closest thing to even barely passing interest of the 14 non-sports items is a Meryl Streep movie I give zero fucks about.

{shrug} I'm not the target, so I'll move on.