View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 06:49 AM   #557
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I know our assistance to the Lions has formally ended. But there is one more suggestion I think they should take.

The Saints re-worked Marshon Lattimore's contract in a way that makes him tradable this offseason. (I don't know the ins and outs, but people who know how to read these things said that was the obvious intent of the way the new bonus was structured.)

The Lions will have a late first rounder and need secondary help. Lattimore is a legit #1 CB. The two knocks on him are a bit of injury history and sometimes (by his own admission) losing focus a bit if he isn't motivated.

I think that Dan Campbell can keep him motivated. And you just have to roll the dice with injury.

I see it as a win-win. The Lions get a win-now CB who will step in at a position of need and contribute more immediately than anyone they can get at #28 or whatever it is.

The Saints start the process of digging out from the oldest and most expensive roster in the league by trading a veteran with value for a good draft pick.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote