View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #153
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yet another update. My wife called the therapist again last night and asked to speak to whoever is covering for her over her vacation. A supervisor called back (who apparently is a therapist himself) and said he was on his way to pick his son up from football practice but would give us a call first thing in the morning and have us in that day. We then scrambled to have someone watch our kids in the waiting room so we could speak to the therapist ourselves. Finally, my mother agreed to come to the doctor's office in the morning and help us out.

Today begins...we first have our son write letters of apology to the kids he had problems with yesterday. We then made him do his schoolwork and make it a school-like environment for him the rest of the day. Though he complained, I repeatedly told him he will not be rewarded in any way for his behavior at school (being home was reward enough). Still waiting for the supervisor to call...

Finally, at 11am I call their office again and ask to speak to him. I'm told he's not in and she's not sure when he'll be in. WTF?! The guy promises to call us back and have us in this morning and there's no word from him?! Unbelieveable.

Flash forward to now...we have still yet to receive a call. Lovely. In the interim, my wife has contacted someone from the local Autism Society and we made an appointment tomorrow with a developmental pediatrician who they recommended. For the first time in the history of the world a supposed GOOD doctor is less than 45 mins away (he's actually about 2 mins away - woohoo!).

We like our current therapist but we're beginning to realize her behavior may be endemic of their entire office - no callbacks and no heads-up regarding vacations and no supervisor communication today. We just need someone more hands-on and available to us when the crap hits the fan like it has this week.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote