View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

Ugh, my post got eaten because stupid mouse extraneous button clicked and went back to a previous section.

Anyway, we go 1-3 in four road games the first month in November, but that includes losses to Top 3 teams in Tennessee and UConn. Our lone victory is 52-38 over Seattle. I'm summarizing because I don't care about the inherited players and neither do you.

Tacito Rey commits to Loyola Marymount as expected. No Taco King for us. But at least we split the recruiting battles 1-1 against a much more prestigious team. Our searching (since I didn't love or even like any of the guys on our call list), turned up the following international players we've offered:

3* Canadian SG Angel Moore, who doesn't necessarily wow with upside, but he's a ready-now Northerner in terms of offense. Defense is incredibly raw, but holds some promise. There's a lot of teams sniffing around him but no one has offered yet, so we take the plunge.

2* German SG Gunther Hasenkopf is an interesting duck. Has the makings of a 3&D wing and already great at long-range and stealing, but despite his 26.3 points scored in Deutschland, appears he can't create his own shot. Might just be a catch and shoot guy - his lack of handles supports this as well - that might have us shift to a 3 guard set. No one is on him, so we slip in with an offer.

I scheduled some hopefully winnable games in December, and of course we go 1-6. Boy, I can't wait to get any new recruits we land. New Year doesn't bring any news either way, but teams are suddenly discovering Hasenkopf. We're in the lead still on both our international recruits, though who knows how long that'll hold up.

We go a respectable 3-5 in January to put us in the middle of the Big West back. #24 UC-Santa Barbara is murdering everyone and is 8-0. Hawaii is sitting at the bottom at 1-7. Still no news from our international recruits, though Hasenkopf cuts his list to our offer and contact from St. Bonaventure (who are also in on Moore), and Princeton.

2-6 February to continue staving off last place. More importantly, we land Angel Moore!

Code:
#54 SG Angel Moore -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-4 Weight: 205 High School: Hometown: Grimsby, Canada GPA: 2.87 Test Score: 1220 Rating: *** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 57 40 43 39 39 8 25 30 39 29 27 19 78 42 81 15 Potential: C D C B D F D D D C B F Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 22.6 1.6 6.2 1.6 2.9 0.55 3.2 0.8 3.0 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 9.4 19.6 .480 1.8 2.8 .643 2.0 6.7 .299 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Cal State Northridge Rankings: Foreign #17 Overall, Foreign #2 SG High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Cal State Northridge, Connecticut, Rutgers, Stanford, Tennessee

Needs to pump up his stamina of course, but a natural scorer and a player who I think could be very good for us. Might actually redshirt him if he's interested, though he's listed as Orange/Green (Chevalier is listed as Red/Green FWIW).

That's two down, one to go.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote