View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 02:17 AM   #23
Emmett13
Mascot

Newcomers 1940

With two graduated, one cut, and one transferring out that meant we had 4 spots to fill and were in dire need of a scoring wing and a few guards to compete for minutes at the 1.

Here's who we ended up with:

First, a transfer from Arizona:

Sophomore Wallace Power, 6'8", 206, Glendale, AZ - 40 G, 14 GS, 20.0 mpg, 8.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.2 apg, .75 apg, 48.1 FG% 28.6 3FG%

Great last name. a 4*, ranked #89 out of high school. Really big guard with a bad attitude, but I was willing to overlook it with his skillset. Scores inside, rebounds well, creative with the ball, and could really defend. I was willing to roll the dice that his attitude might cause problems.

The Freshmen:

SF Wayne Brown, 6'7", 212, Wright City, Oklahoma, 5*, #22

There were three 5* freshmen in the state of Oklahoma that season, and we were able to take advantage of our tourney run and snag one of them. Brown didn't quite fit the profile I was looking for, as his defensive left some room to be desired. But, he looked so effective offensively, I didn't see how I had a choice. He was promised the moon and was going to slot right into the 3.

SF/SG Sam Weisman, 6'6", 190, Dallas, Texas, 4*, #132

Sharpshooting wing who has potential as a rebounder and passer. He would never be excellent at it, the strength to play in the post some and be decent switching. Was a surprise pull as I didn't offer much of a role, but got lucky.

Soufiyane Mimms, 6'3", 176, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 3*, #263

Guard who picked us over Washington. Has major intangibles with his leadership and pick and roll abilities. I honed in on him fairly early, knowing I needed a point guard bad in this cycle. Either he or Aaron ONeal seemed the favorites to play point, with Cameron Stutz a bit of an afterthought.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote