View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:36 PM   #14
Emmett13
Mascot

2038 Senior Class

We graduate 4 this year. Only one (Beachem) is a guy who I consider any kind of big loss. So, I feel confident we will be able to upgrade our talent level this offseason.

Ismail Adams, 6'6", 207, Middleton, TN

The guy played a lot of minutes as a SO and JR, and primarily was a PF in his junior season. He came in and out of the lineup for me, as I tried to turn him into a 3 and D guy, but he just wouldn't ever shoot the ball, even with finagling with some strategy settings, I couldn't get him to shoot more than a couple of threes a game. He hit them at a solid rate, and in a grit and grind system, there is room for guys who know their roles and can knock down shots at decent efficiency.

Joe Beachem, 6'6", 183, Dallas, TX

Ended up having a really good season after a horrendous start. His first game that he shot over 50% from the field was 8 games in, and he was the only guy outside of El Darwich who could create his own offense from the perimeter. He had a great game in our CJBL appearance, with 17 points, 15 assists and 4 steals, and a perfect 8-8 from the line. He was a decent enough defender, but I would like to have a real ball hawk at the position going forward.

Justas Davis, 6'0", 204, Baton Rouge, LA

A bowling ball of a guard, who by all accounts should have been a really good outside shooter, but just couldn't convert on them the last few years. Grit and Grind definitely wasn't for him, and a 6'0" SG is something I never want to see again. But, he had shot the ball well as an underclassman, and he has good defensive reports, and I also had no other real options so he got 10 minutes each game. I'm excited to have other options next year.

Jermont Williams, 6'9", 231, Exton, PA

Transfer from Eastern Illinois, who was taken as an insurance policy during the transfer period. I was returning zero post players (besides Adams, who was going to play the 3 for me), and I didn't want to strike out in HS recruiting and not have at least one competent veteran. Unfortunately for Williams, we grabbed 3 solid HS post recruits and he ended up as the 5th post on the depth chart all season. He was a solid rebounder who held his own defensively and he performed well in the handful of minutes he received for us.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote