View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #263
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...s_31/index.asp

CBS finds Saturday night's alright for MMA fighting
So maybe mixed martial arts programming does have a place on broadcast TV. The premiere of CBS’s “Elite XC Saturday Night Fights” Saturday night averaged a 1.9 overnight rating among viewers 18-49 in its 9-11 p.m. timeslot, a 36 percent increase over what the network averaged in that period during the just-concluded regular TV season. The show did even better with younger viewers, particularly young men, as it averaged a 1.9 overnight rating among 18-34s, more than twice the network’s season average in the slot (0.9), as well as a 2.6 among males 18-34, up some 270 percent from the 0.7 the network averaged during the regular season. The two-hour show averaged 4.3 million total viewers, according to Nielsen fast nationals, about even to NBC’s coverage of the NHL’s Stanley Cup finals and ABC’s movie “The Rookie.” Fox’s “America’s Most Wanted,” which aired at 9 p.m., was the most-watched show of the night with a 5.4 million total viewers.