View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 10:42 AM   #168
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

April 8, 2017
Joe Lien's decision to enter the pro draft looks like it might have been a good one after all. He's selected in the second round, the #42 overall selection. Good luck to him as he begins his professional career.

We also learn that our facilities will be upgraded, beginning next season. Since the email is dated in April, I wonder if "next season" means 2017/18 or 2018/19? I checked our stats, and our facilities score is 28. That's good for third place in the Patriot League. I'll look next year and see if it changes.

May 1, 2017
HTML Code:
2016 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 96. Holy Cross Patriot League PG Ryan Tucker *** 0 0 2 0 2 139. Lafayette Patriot League SG Tim Hutchinson *** 0 0 2 0 0 165. Army Patriot League PG David Ramage *** 0 0 1 2 0 179. Bucknell Patriot League C Darwin Alessi *** 0 0 2 0 1 202. Lehigh Patriot League C Quincy Lafond *** 0 0 2 1 0 236. Colgate Patriot League PF Tracy Fryer ** 0 0 0 1 4 239. Navy Patriot League PF Eric Childs *** 0 0 1 2 0 336. American Patriot League C Charles Hepler * 0 0 0 0 3

I think Holy Cross's recruiting class ranks ahead of ours based on quantity, as much as on quality. We both have two three-star players joining us, but the Crusaders are adding two more one-star guys. Those players can, of course, turn out to be valuable contributors. Rhett King, for example, was a one-star recruit who became an All-Conference player.

And, don't forget that Todd DeHaven is, in effect, a member of this class, since he redshirted last season.

May 1, 2017
Our prestige has gone up six more points, to 56. Holy Cross (47) and American (43) occupy the next tier of Patriot League programs, with Bucknell (34) and Colgate (31) coming next.

This year's Head Coach rounds are uneventful. No program in Pennsylvania offers Coach Sims a job, and none of the offers he does receive would have tempted me anyway. I like it here at Lafayette, and I'm willing to stay here and work on the project of constructing a mid-major powerhouse.

None of the teams in the Patriot League make coaching changes for the upcoming season.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 05-04-2023 at 11:37 AM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote