View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #46
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This is more a crossover to the video games thread, but I thought it fit here better. I have totally gotten hooked on Car Mechanic Simulator 2021. You run a garage that takes in cars and repairs them, with some standard management stuff to boot. It is way more entertaining than it sounds. You actually break down cars and put them back together. Most things are layed out, but there are some repairs that are tough to find, but you can visualize all the exposed parts till you find the one that needs to be fixed.

I have played for hours and am still at the beginning. Once you make some money and have leveled up, you then go to auctions and junk yards and fix up cars to sell. That's the part that sounds the most fun, and you can jump into sandbox mode and do it immediately. I am grinding through story mode just to feel like I have earned it.
There are test tracks and race tracks that you can test your cars. The initial game comes with a huge number of cars from modern to old 60's and 70's cars, but they are "fictitious" makes. You can see what cars they represent but they don't have the real names. There are DLC's that add some real vehicles that sell for $5 a piece, and one of them is Nissan that has a range of Z cars from old to new. Every time I have one come in, I think of you, Edward. There are also a huge number of workshop vehicles that players have made. I worked on a couple of '69 GTO's, and took one to the speed track just to lay it out. The game is just really fun and addictive.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote