View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #194
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
Good episode, I think the first this year that is up to the level of previous seasons.

A.J. passed out the first time when his football coach made him the captain. Last night he had another panic attack right after that guy asked him for help with his landlord and then exclaimed, "Soprano's the man!". There is something about him being a leader that sends his mind around the bend.

I might be in the minority here, but I don't care enough to see one second of AJ on screen. I understand it's important to show all the aspects of our main characters "families." But I don't think there's ever been a relative of a main character in any show I've watched that I cared less about than AJ. Spend as much time as you want on Carmela and Meadow...they are interesting characters who deserve screen time. AJ, on the other hand, was a whiny little bitch when he was having his Nintendo taken away as a 13 year old, and is still a whiny little bitch when he complains to his parents about working a 3 hour shift at Blockbuster. So when a large portion of an episode is spent on him and his "issues," you lose me.

EDIT: I think it's really interesting how I've seen every episode this season be called the best of the season by at least a few people on the only two message boards I read. Not a criticism, just a point on people's different tastes...

Last edited by Logan : 05-01-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote