View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 10:34 AM   #26751
molson
General Manager

I'm a big fan of visiting and experiencing some big scene or hobby others are passionate about but which I'm ignorant of. I think it's one of my better traits - if you're super into whatever, say monster truck rallies, I totally want to go with you to a monster truck rally and see that through your eyes and appreciate it.

This weekend I got to that kind of thing - seeing Phish in the Vegas Sphere with some Phish friends. I was very a much a visitor to that whole thing, and, it was pretty crazy and awesome. Being around thousands of happy people who know everything that's going on when I didn't was somehow really relaxing. It's a rare time in my home or work life when I don't have to be an active participant or leader in something, here I could just sit back, take it in, and let everyone else move everything forward.

And I know Phish and Phish fans aren't everyone's cup of tea, but it is a happy, welcoming, bunch, and just seeing all these hardcore fans enjoying their thing in such a unique venue put me in a good mood.

Edit: I did feel a tad guilty as an imposter paying face value through my friend's ticket lottery win to see a show where seats were going for the thousands on the secondary market. But, my friends have that hipster Phish music philosophy of not wanting to take advantage of that market, so, I didn't feel bad for them not cashing in.

Last edited by molson : 04-22-2024 at 10:36 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote