View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 08:00 AM   #629
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Interesting weekend on the seas. On Friday, on a Holland America ship docked in the Bahamas that an old law school buddy of mine was on, 2 crew died on what was reported as a steam pipe explosion. My friend told me they basically kept up with a "nothing to see here" message for hours even as basic services (like toilet and hot water) stopped working and Bahamian authorities boarded the ship, and then eventually the captain announced what happened.

Yesterday, in the same general area (not docked but about 20 miles or so off Freeport), a Carnival ship was possibly struck by lightning and the tall red stack on top of the ship caught fire, part of it breaking off and falling onto deck 10. The ship was dead in the water and crew shut down access above deck 9. Fire burned from about 3 to 5:30. Apparently the weather was really bad (thunderstorms, 50 mph winds) and they weren't able to dock before the fire, and while waiting out the storm, got struck by lightning. Later yesterday the ship was able to move and presumably docked somewhere.

Crazy.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-24-2024 at 08:00 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote