View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 12:50 PM   #611
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Chase and AmEx. I think Chase is the best. I've resisted Capital One even though my oldest credit card is C1 and they've been bugging me to upgrade it. I don't think their transfer partner list is all that great, and I believe their top card just lost a couple of benefits.

I recently jumped into AmEx and agree that if you're not going to take advantage of some of the freebies offered, it probably won't make sense. But I just got the Gold followed quickly by the Platinum due to elevated SUBs that I lucked into, allowing me to bank 225K MR (worth over $4K), so I'll deal with the AFs. I did set up some stuff specially to use the credits, like the $10 and $20/month streaming credits. I booked a night at one of the FHR hotels in Auckland to use the $200 credit.

But Chase is so much easier. For instance, the Reserve has a $550 AF but you get a $300 statement credit per year for any travel booked with the card. That effectively makes the fee $250. With AmEx, the $200 credit has to be booked through their portal for luxury hotels. Those are kinds of differences between the two.

I wanted to cover my bases as far as transfer partners so between AmEx and Chase I've got quite a few covered (outside of AA). Plus, I couldn't pass up $225K MR.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote