View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 PM   #140
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Craig: You don't need any ammunition to have a kid tested. Even if the school doesn't recommend testing, you can still demand it; as a teacher I know we would sometimes try to encourage parents not to have their kid tested as we believed it to be a waste of everyone's time. However, the law is very explicit about these things and so if you insist on it they have to do it. However, if you have your outside consultation it makes it harder, though not impossible, for them to deny him services. At the minimum if you wait until your psycologist comes back they'll most likely not give you any flack about testing. A kid getting suspended repeatedly in K and 1st grade is not normal and so with-out knowing anything about your school district I'd be cautiously optomistic that they'd be willing to do these things. If you have other questions about this, I am not an expert, but having had an IEP and having been a teacher I am a very knowledgeable non-expert, and so I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote