View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 01:09 AM   #715
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm just surprised at your willingness to die. Had I had the role, I wouldn't have been so willing.

In my mind/opinion, being dead at the end of the game doesn't mean you've won, even if your team does end up winning.

when i am a villager, i agree with this idea...being dead but killing all the wolves doesnt count as a win for me, but as a wolf, if the wolves win and your death counted for something, i still count it as a win...which i do for myself even though i was dead on day two...we (the wolves) assumed that the witness would be one of the newer players and that he would use his role on the first chance he had instead of trying to save it for a more tactical time in the game, so i volunteered to make the kill knowing that i would be seen because i was the only wolf with no special role...basically i took one for the team, and it worked out because WVUFan was able to knock out the posse by sending in an action that disbanded them, and barkeep would have been crushing to you all if he had been lynched. add the fact that my play on day 2 caused enough confusion to leave you all with no idea who the other wolves were, and i think i did enough to call this one a win even though i was dead for 2/3 of the game.

and Blade, you are very welcome, all the praise is well earned, which i think explains why you get killed on the first day all the time...and you will forgive me if i take a certain amount of ego points from the fact that i had you fooled on day 2.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote