View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Baseball History Revised

During a break from my What if baseball dynasty, I played around with OOTP5. I couldn't get into solo play, so I decided to start a league with the Lahman's database, starting in 1911.

I took over the league as commissioner and did not run any teams. They are all set to computer run. I watch players enter the league and develope. I also moved teams around, messed with the settings, and kept track of the league month to month, and year to year. I actually have already run quite a few season and wrote up reports for each season for my own enjoyment. I thought I would start posting them here, although they need to be formatted correctly, so when I get some time to do that I will post the seasons as I format the reports.

WARNING: This is by no means historically accurate. I moved teams at will, based on their income and more recently, and more realistically, by their fan interest and winning ways. How about those San Francisco White Sox?

So, if you are looking for a realistic historical league, stop now. I did whatever I felt like doing at the time, and I am planning on expanding soon, which is not what happened historically. Only the players are the real players, ecerything else is my own feelings at the time.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote