View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 AM   #197
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
By the way - who the heck is reading all this? Since I'm on the inside, I keep posting this stuff, and am getting increasingly snarky with my write-ups as the team implodes. I had been assuming that as the season has draggen on, the readership would drop off as the team was no longer competitive. But from the numbers I see, that doesn't seem true (to my surprise, this thread still gets 20 reads after every update, or thereabouts).

Still worth it to keep going with the dynasty thread into next offseason and beyond? I don't have particularly high expectations for the team right away - we may be doing more rebuilding than reloading... but I honestly don't really undertand the appeal of a thread like this detailing the struggles of a team that moves so slowly, and where the successes are few and far between. I am prone to dropping my dynasty threads (or, more accurately, the teams on which they are based) once I start to get bored... here, I'm a little bored with the dynasty thread, as posting about loss after loss isn't too interesting to me... but I'm sticking with the team in any event.

Keep going? Who cares? Less detail? More detail? More cheapshots at my fellow FOFL owners? Anything that would make this flow better, and get me more motivated to do a real write-up?

I'm open to thoughts, suggestions, criticisms... now seems like a good time for all that stuff.
I know this was 6 weeks ago, but I still wanted to contribute my two cents.

I've had the same feelings with my Merchantmen dynasty a couple of times, wondering how many people actually read my dynasty. I think the big issue your (and my) dynasy have is the multiplayer aspect. People inside the league already know the scores and don't read to see what your team does, but rather how you get there. The same with 'vultures' and fans of a good read. If teams struggle, especially from the respectable QS, people will continue to read.

And (of course) the writing style and update frequency matter. I noticed I lost readers when my updates became more once a week than once a day like. Not to mention that, unlike with a quickly evolving single player careers, you can get up to date of a year of gaming experience in a just an hour or two of reading.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote