View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 02:59 PM   #108
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis
Did you watch the game? My buddies and I were sitting in his living room staring at the television with dropped jaws from about 8 minutes in on. To call that hockey, let alone playoff hockey is a travesty.

It was 3-1 at the end of the 1st with 2 Stars goals coming on very questionable calls, as did ours, so make that score 1-0 for Dallas. It was 4-1 after 2, again, after we spent half the period short handed. We had 3 or 4 quality chances early that Turco stopped or this game would have been totally different. I refuse to count any of the 3rd period towards anything as no hockey as was actually played in that period. Even had we scored 1 or 2 early in the second to make it 3-2, 3-3 or whatnot and had it close going into the 3rd, the way it was being called pretty much meant we would have had to score a shorthanded goal or two in the 3rd to have any shot of winning, and Dallas isn't a team to give up short handed goals in back to back games.

Any time you give hand a team like Dallas that many powerplays, yes, they're going to demolish you, and had the Oiler's been taking stupid penalties in the first two periods, I'd be the first one to announce that they were stupid and handed the Stars game two instead of pouncing on them hard enough to knock them out of the series before we came back to Edmonton. Fact was, the ref's gave Dallas more than every opportunity to win this game and they did. There was no way our penalty killers could kill off repeated 5 on 3's after killing 5 on 4's.

If the tables were reversed, I'd say the same thing, the ref'ing last night was a joke, and I sincerely hope they don't officiate another game in the playoffs in any series.

Want some cheese with that whine? Blaming officials for losses is weak, if you have a good enough team you overcome that stuff.