View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #87
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Rasta Mon...

First off, the crowd was very disappointing, we had 637 supporters that were in decent spirit. Now we have 651 that are high off life...yeah keep telling them it is life...

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 6963 to Fighting Crawfish Arena. Fighting started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Bossio - Gorostarzu, de Oliveira, Simic - Rossi, Danielsson, Kline, Woodson, Mughal - Rannem , Darden.

Rasta had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Womack - Mcleod, Penn, Montalvo, Law - Thomas, Jolly, Wang, Masters - Sheng-Han, Beasley.

Fighting made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Dan Woodson completely alone with keeper Mark Womack, who made a spectacular block. Fightings Mikey Kline got himself booked after a foul. Due to a severely attached Crawfish to his sack, Jarrod Penn spent some on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. Many thought Norbert Darden ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 28:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Mark Womack. Many thought João Fernando de Oliveira ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 38:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Mark Womack. The ref was then encourage to make a call by placing a Crawfish on his sack! One of many good passes from Daniel "I only have one kidney" Mughal at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Christian Rossi, scoring for Fighting to 1 - 0. Fighting made a substitution in the 43rd minute. José Javier Gorostarzu limped off the field and was replaced by "You better guard your daughters or they will be" Les "their" Cherry"s". The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Fighting lead up with 2 - 0. Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. By now Fighting were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem almost managed to score another goal for Fighting, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The referee showed Rastas Wade Masters the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Christian Rossi of Fighting received a yellow card in the 60:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour for tempting a dog with peanut butter. In the game's 73rd minute Fighting´s Daniel "I only have one kidney" Mughal limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue after seeing a manager give him the slit the throat motion when he started walking towards the sidelines. Seemingly due to a Crawfish attached to his sack, Jarrod Penn needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. Rastas Rex Thomas got himself booked after a foul. The player down was Daniel "I only have one kidney" Mughal. The Fighting bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Fighting, with an impressive 81 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Fighting player was without a doubt Manuel "the" Bossio. Daniel "I only have one kidney" Mughal on the other hand, had a terrible day, only to be expected with one kidney. Most important Rasta player was Wade Masters. Ben Jolly was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

Not bad considering we PIC. The income was 37k and that will not be nearly enough to cover the debt. The team loaded the bus and begun the long journey back to Fargo, ND they all wondered what the plan was The Afoci had thought up to save the Fighting Crawfish and to save his dream, his goal of Crawfish with Laser Blasters instead of Claws!