View Single Post
Old 04-13-2003, 05:27 AM   #43
3ric
College Starter

June 2004

Conference Player of the Month: Gregg Blundell, Northwich Victoria.
Conference Young Player of the Month: Craig Parry, Forest Green.
Conference Manager of the Month: Richie Barker, AFC Wimbledon.

Kanchelskis accept the wage reduction to £325 a week, without changing the length of the contract. Richard Offiong's loan contract ends and he returns to Newcastle. He is transfer listed though so his future there is somewhat unknown.

Both Gary Owers and Andy Sinton announce that they will retire after the season. I'm somewhat surprised at Owers' decision and try to persuade him to play one more year before hanging up the boots. Owers says he will consider it and get back to me in about a week with his decision.

The 2004 European Football Championship in Portugal is underway.

Kayode Odejayi is voted Forest Green's Player of the Year for the second straight year. We have received £100K for Conference TV rights for the next season. We've also signed a new sponsorship deal worth £45K over three years. The board tell me they are very pleased with my performance this season, and maintain the same expectations for a safe mid-table position for next season. The transfer budget is limited to £8K.

My assistant manager report that we have scheduled friendlies against Southend, Dover Athletic and Bath City. (Note: I think it's great that you can get your assistant to do that - I've always hated the hassle of booking friendlies in the past)

Manchester City released a 20-yr old midfielder I have on my short list (which isn't very short, by the way) and I immediately offer him a £350 contract. His name is William Flood, and he's an AM/FC with good technique and dribbling ability. However, City appears to have changed their mind and offer him a new contract. Flood happily signs and says he's "over the moon". Well, good for you.