View Single Post
Old 04-12-2003, 12:34 AM   #84
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Ugh...Stars-Oilers! There had to be close to 150 penalty minutes in this game. It was a great game until the third. And I thought the Stars lost their cool on Monday. See you in a few games, Cross!

Oilers 1, Ref's 1, Stars 0

Referee's won this game for Dallas in the first, Edmonton could have made a game of it in the first half of the second but Turco made some huge stops, then the ref's had it for the last 30 minutes.

A couple of bad calls against Dallas in the 3rd make the final penalty totals look a lot closer than they really were, as Dallas was on a 5-3 or 4-3 powerplay for virtually the entire 3rd.

Of the Oiler's 6 or 7 penalties in the 1st period, 2 were legit, tops. Both goalie interference penalties were bogus, and the one that should have been called (against Arnott) wasn't. This game was a travesty to watch and I hope these ref's don't do another game this year in any series.

Oh, and if Cross gets suspended, that's a joke as what he did wasn't half of what Hatcher got away with.

But all in all, we got the split we needed in Dallas, and hopefully tonight's excuse for playoff hockey will have us ready to go on Sunday.