View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #385
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Oh. By the way. I don't know if this was in '05 or not as I did not have the full game . . .

But I was watching my game in the watching everything mode. One of the players on the opposing team fell on the ground injured [I'm sure he tripped on his own boot because my players are extremely clean . . . *whistle*] in the middle of our attacking move when one of our pass was misplaced and went straight to their goalkeeper. I'm completely confused as he catches it and IMMEDIATELY kicks the ball straight to the sideline without any pressure. Then I read the commentary: "And now can receive medical attention." The medics promptly trot in. As they kicked the ball out of bound intentionally to stop play, the ball is turned over to us. At which point, Gael Glichy immediately threw the ball out of bound [if that makes sense] to give the opposing team a goal kick.

I know this sounds like a ridiculously miniscule thing to be going ga-ga about [when I have so much more significant things to do so about] but I think it's insanely awesome that the SI team managed to get this into the engine. It adds . . . I don't know. It adds some "life" or something. I'm sure someone else can find better and more eloquent way of what it adds but all I can say about it would be: "cooooooool."

Kudos, SI team.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote