View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #286
bhlloy
Coordinator

He's decent on the ground for such a big guy. He's got a nice touch, although watching the Liverpool game last night he just looked ungainly and out of place. I was amazed at how much he'd regressed since he did look good at Southampton last year.

But to be perfectly honest, I want my 6'7 striker to strike the fear of god into opposition defenses. At Cardiff we had Leo Fortune-West for years and although he was a complete donkey he was a very effective lower divisons player.
Crouch needs to bulk up and work on the aspects of the game he should be good at given his size. He could then be a true dangerman, instead of being lanky, awkward and easily pushed off the ball. Going back to the Liverpool game, the number of times he lost out in the air to defenders who must have been giving up 5 inches on him was comical.

And top 40 striker in the Premiership isn't really a complement when you think he is on the European champions and he's supposed to be the great hope for the England team. He's got a lot to prove given the money they paid for him.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote