View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #266
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

More:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Height is linked to jumping - thus a 5'4'' tall player will never get a 20 jumping.

But it isn't a straight translation (ie. not all 20 jumping players will be 6'6'' tall).

Height is thus NOT used as a modifier for jumping, this is simply because doing that would reduce things to maths exercises in your head where the answer would be impossible to know (ie. exactly HOW many inches does jumping 20 mean someone can jump?

and more..

Quote:
Jumping does NOT mean physically how many inches a player can jump - its an indication of the height a player can reach while jumping, hence height is a large factor in this.

If you doubt this then consider the following - you're 5'4'' tall, I'm 6'6'' tall ... chances of you being able to jump heigher than me = pretty darn slim imho.

Even if I have absolutely NO jumping ability and can get barely 4 inches off the floor you'd still have to jump 18 inches in order to match my natural height advantage.

As such considering that 'jumping' is an indication of how high a player can jump in the game and as such has a factor of height in it I don't think its unreasonable to indicate what I did.

Obviously you can get short players in the game with reasonable jumping (ie. Mr. Owen - 5'8'' & 9 jumping) and tall players who can't jump (ie. me in a previous game - 6'6'' & 9 jumping ). But if both players are good jumpers than obviously the taller one will have a natural advantage (hence 20 jumping isn't likely to be held by a 5'4'' tall player).
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote