View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #254
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
So I finally gave in and tinkered with the demo while I wait for my copy to arrive.

LOVE the new things that have already mentioned (side/position proficiencies, "moves", extra comments). Have not seen any mention of the switch from DM to WB but I dig that.

Still wish for multiple select (ie, select players 1-to-20 and scout). Still wish for more keyboard commands as the clicking is going to kill my wrist and accelerate the onset of carpal tunnel.

Questions:

1) If I have a player (for example, Ryan Smith) who is proficient (let's say, at Accomplished) at the AML slot but is not at the ML slot (let's say, at Unconvincing) and my formation (let's say, a flat 4-4-2) has my wing at the ML slot with an arrow up to the AML slot which should, in theory, have him operate mainly in the AML area of the field when we are in possession. Will he be operating at his more proficient slot of AML, where he should be playing in, or at the lesser one of ML, where he starts out at?

2) If I have a player who is rated at two position (let's say, left and centre) and he's less proficient at centre. If I set him to train in the centre in the hope of increasing his knowledge in that area, will that hurt his proficiency on the left (or make him lose the ability altogether)? I know it sounds illogical but I was under the impression that it was how it worked in CM 01/02 (which was the last version I was familiar with).

3) Slightly related to Q2 is whether I even need to train the aforementioned player in the centre of the pitch or if I can actually raise his proficiency by simply playing him there once he is already rated there (let's say that I would like to increase an Ineffectual to an Accomplished)?

Thankee.

As I understand it (far from an official source!)

1. AM L

2. If he's 'natural' in a position, that will never change. In older versions once retrained in a position, if retrained in another position, the first retrained position used to be lost - in this I'm not sure - if it's any help I trained a youth player from D RC into D RLC (accomplished in all 3), then tried to train him as DM as well - he quickly changed back to D RC, but remembered some of his old training, being competent at D L. Whether this is the norm I do not know.

3. I have read an official SI reply somewhere that has said training is more important in progressing retraining than playing, as he will only play 90 minutes a week in matches (or 180 if two games), whereas he can practice far longer than this in a week's training. So while training but not playing will help, the reverse is not true, (or would take an absoulte age)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote