View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM   #198
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Congrats

Thats likely to be a tougher challenge than Man Utd as Everton aren't likely to be still in any other competitions at that stage (unless they've had some freaky European results) ...

Got past Everton with a convincing 3-1 at Goodison, but then drew Middlesborough in the QF (so I had drawn Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Everton, Liverpool, Bolton and Middlesbrough in the two cups - all seven European qualifiers from 2004-2005 . After 1-1 at our place, lost 2-0 at the Riverside in extra time for dreams of an unprecedented treble to be shattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Glad you're enjoyig the game, let me know how you get on next season in the Premiership ... if you roll through that then I want to take a look at your tactics .... so we can work out if you're exploiting an AI flaw we can but but ... also not least because I'll use them next time we play an inhouse network game

I was getting a little carried away in the previous post - I seem to remember for some reason I have found the Championship pretty easy in all CM versions (and the one FM05 game I played was the same): whether playing as Leicester or as a lower league team I seem to remember literally always getting promoted through at the first attempt. This is the only league this seems to happen for (for me anyway) - the others often hold me up for at least a season. Strange.

Nothing to see in my tactics: standard flat 4-4-2 with big man/little man combo and wingers getting to the byline. Individual instructions according to what the players can do well, but I do change marking, attacking mentality, tempo, width, defensive line and counter attacking reguarly according to who I'm playing, their formation, pace of forwards and whether I'm home or away, and change a few times mid game as well, As a result it takes me an age to play: four hours just gone and played 8 games, and 5 game weeks. Only 5 more games to go though (hopefully)

But both my top scorers (who are *cough* Dion Dublin and Elvis Hammond *cough* ) are now likely out for these remaining 5 league games, and have been for the last 3-4 (Everton player's retribution! Dirty Scousers!), but have moved to 3 points clear with a game in hand, and 5 clear and a game in hand over 3rd. Should be OK, but now my two senior GKs are injured as well!

Desperately trying to get loan players in to cover - Viduka came in up front, scored on his debut, and he's now out as well. If one of the 3 GKs I've got loan offers out to don't come in the next 3 days, 19 yr old Conrad Logan gets a debut in goal with a 17 year old rubbish youth midget goalie on the bench (seriously, all of my under 18 squad are between 5'4" and 5'9"! Even the DCs...)

Marc, as you can probably see, FM2006 has got me into the series again...

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in

Last edited by AlexB : 10-31-2005 at 06:26 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote