View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #164
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
I have to respectfully disagree with Frogman () on this one as I would assume FM2006 to be the same as FM2005 with these questions. Your starting nationality does have an influence on your management of the club insofar as it slightly changes the kinds of players you can bring to the club. If you choose to begin the game as a Dutch manager of an English team, it will be slightly easier for you to bring Dutch players to your chosen squad. The language you speak can also make a difference. It could be slightly easier for you to bring Argentines to a German club if you start the game as a Spanish manager because you speak the same first language.

disagreement accepted and understood

Makes a whole lot of sense too, never thought about it since as a Canadian, I always started with both French and English as languages spoken, which very accurate and realistic for me, since I do speak both Never thought that my nationality could make it easier/tougher to sign players. I'd also guess that your reputation must have an even bigger bearing on who you're able to bring to your club, no matter what language they speak. Just an educated guess though...

FM