View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:45 AM   #162
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I've pretty much decided that I'd like to take control of a lower level team in England once I get my hands on the game. I do have some questions as to the nationality that I choose when I add myself as a manager though.

I don't have any interest in coaching the English National Team, but some struggling football nation instead. That leads me to a few questions:

1) If I do choose a nationality other than English, does that affect my ability to manage my English club in any way?

2) How realistic would this be? Are there any international managers in England?

3) What would be some national teams to consider?

Thanks

To (1), no it won't affect anything regarding your management of your club. I always set my nationality to Canadian and I've taken my club to the Premiership twice.

To (2), I can't say about the conference level, but there are many Premiership manager who aren't English: Arsène Wenger with Arsenal (French), Rafa Benitez with Liverpool (Spanish?), Jose Mourinho is probably another with Chelsea. Even the national team manager is a Swede...

To (3), I don't know what you would like but I've been offered and have accepted the position of Ivory Coast manager and I'm having a blast with them... Weird enough, but Canada could be agood choice, as it's been a long while since their last presence in the World Cup .

FM