View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #68
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

Ok, now a team wants one of my players who was a scrub, but is now doing quite well for me since I brought him up from the reserve squad.

My question? I want to reject the proposal right? I mean, I really don't want to lose this guy right now. What are the benefits to letting him leave, other than making some cash?
On top of what Frogman has already said, it's important to consider the player's relationship to you and the team. If the player is unhappy with you, you might have difficulty signing him when his contract is expiring, and then risk the prospect of losing him for free to another team. You also have to judge the proposal to his value to you. If he is a scrub that you called up, it's likely he is replacing an injuried player, or you are looking actively for someone better to play his position. In that case his playing time might considerably drop soon and with it his value.

On the other hand, if he keeps playing and playing well, then his value might double or triple to the offer you all ready have, so if you sell now you miss out. Of course, if you don't sell now and if he is ambitious, then he might want to leave anyway, cause now he's too good for the club. Or he might demand wages out of your budget, and you'll have to try to sell him for cheap before his contract expires.

A billion things could happen. So what should you do? You're the manager, that's up to you
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote