View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #38
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ok, now a team wants one of my players who was a scrub, but is now doing quite well for me since I brought him up from the reserve squad.

My question? I want to reject the proposal right? I mean, I really don't want to lose this guy right now. What are the benefits to letting him leave, other than making some cash?

Depending on how much your team board is allowing you to keep from player sale, it's not only cash, but it's also transfer budget you can use to buy another player.

See it this way. Your team board gives you a budget to buy players at the start of the season, say $100k. Once you've spent that $100k, they won't allow you to spend anymore until next season. Sometimes, you can start with no budget at all.

The other thing they set is how much, as a percentage, of each sale you can use again to buy new player. If your team finances are not that good, they could tell you you will keep only 50% of what you sell, in that case, if the player is useful for you and the offer isn't too high, it may not be worth it to accept it. But at other times, the team board will tell you that you can retain 95% or 100% of sales and then it could make sense to let go of the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
For some reason, this version is much more user friendly than 05 was. I'm getting a bit more into this demo than 05.

Don't know about the friendlyness of FM06, but I think it might simply be because it's your second go at it. Did the same thing to me with FM2005 after trying CM4 at first...

FM