View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 11:02 PM   #48
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cards4ever
I've never been on the Salo bandwagon, I've never thought of him as a goalie that can win a cup.

That is going to be Dallas' biqgest question mark, can Turco be the goalie that can take you to the promised land. I think he can, I've watched him for a long time, since college, and I've always been on the opposite side of him, I was a Gopher fan the year of the Mike Legg Lacrosse type goal, and I am no fan of Dallas, but he wins and I think he'll be hoisting the cup this year.

I never said Salo bandwagon, I just find it funny how prior to the Olympics he didn't have a lot of detractors, he was generally considered a fairly good to sometimes spectacular goalie playing on a team that couldn't field enough talent up front to go the entire way.

Then the Olympic spectacle with the one beating him from center that triggered Sweden's collapse, and ever since it seems more and more people have come out saying he's not a Cup capable goalie and that they've always thought that (just never said much about it before "the goal").

Having watched him in Edmonton, my opinion of him is that when he's on his game, he's one of the top 5 goalies in the league, when he's not on top of things, he's still probably top 10. Sure he has probably 5 bad god awful games a year where you wonder what the hell is going on, but everybody does. I still thank Cujo for going for the cash in Toronto so that we made the deal for Salo. He took less money to resign with us rather than go the free agency route, and I think this may be the year that he proves himself in the playoffs and sheds the negative "big game" myth surrounding him.

But that's just my two cents