View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
As someone who has never played FM but is very interersted why is it that you need to have certain leagues open and some leagues closed?

Leagues that you call "open" are leagues that the game will simulate with complete player stats and in which you can go manage if you want to someday. By selecting some leagues, you creat what I call a "Football Universe" (that's my term) in which simulation will happen. The more leagues you select, the more processing will be needed and the slower the game will go from one day to the other.

For example, my current dynasty in FM2005 (though it's similar to one diffence in FM2006, I'll explain later) has the following leagues selected:
England (from League One and up)
France (top division)
Germany (top division)
Spain (top division)
Italy (top division)
Holland (top division)
Scotland (top division)

Or just about, something like 7 countries, 10 leagues. This means if I get sacked at QPR, I could apply for a job in any of these countries, or in a lower level in England. I tried starting a game with 10 countries and 15 or 17 leagues and it wasn't running fast enough for me.

As for the difference between FM2005 and FM2006, from what I understand by reading the SI forum, you can now select leagues with "basic details". These leagues are not manageable (i.e. you can't go take over a team in these leagues) but the games are still simmed with a very basic engine, thus generating a league table, helping the immersion factor even more, at a very small cost in term of processing time.

FM