View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
There's just SO much more 'fluff' to this game. There's blurbs about your players every freaking where. There are fun news articles about your team after every match (akin to FM2005's writeups for international and major cup games). You get just a freaking ton more information about your team. Yay for immersion!

I hope this stays fresh as the game goes on... in most games where this sort of thing has been used, the narrative got stale prety quickly. I harken back to the scouting reports in OOTP (and the Mogul games) where there were a dozen or so packaged comments about the game that the text would include. On a first review, it seemed like an interesting and immersive idea -- which pretty quickly turned into a drone that I completely tuned out.

I hope the execution in FM is broader and better... and am fairly optimistic that it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
The streamlining of training is quite nice, though I haven't gotten far enough into the season to let you know how it's working. I do love the fact that every player has a 'current opinion of his training schedule' blurb, however.

This would be a great boon to me... I never enjoyed the level of detail that proper training seemed to require in previous versions, and usually resigned myself to just settle for whatever I got by putting my staff in charge. Getting individual feedback sounds promising... though I'm a bit wary about this becoming like TCY with the time allocations that were (at least initially) just dreadfully boring to me.

Again, I'm hopeful that this is a better balance (for my tastes) and pretty optimistic.

I am really looking forward to this game. My last couple of CM/FM experiences weren't all that rewarding, but I have been in the "deep immersion" stat with it before... and it might be the best sports sim in existence for that purpose.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote