View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 11:59 AM   #42
Travis
Pro Rookie

heh, it's amazing how a lot of Salo detractors have come out of the woodworks since the Olympics. Yes, our final game against Calgary was awful, but even Detroit and Dallas has looked awful at points this year, and that was really our only 'bad' game since the trade deadline. Fact is, that was their only loss in their last 8 games I believe, and they pulled in something like 34 points in March, even while resting quite a few players to try and be mentally and physically prepared for the playoffs (a true luxury we haven't had here in years).

The biggest question about the Oiler's isn't their ability to beat Dallas, it's going to be their ability to battle playoff inexperience and step it up to the next level, if they do that, and Salo plays the way he did in the last 2 months, we'll be in the second round.

Key is going to be splitting the first 2 games in Dallas, can't let them be up 2-0 and get Billy back. And hey, if I'm wrong, that's cool, but we're sure as hell not going down in 5 or less.