View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 05:25 PM   #41
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
You have thrown up a whole bunch of information and stats but you can step back and evaluate and tell us what it means as far your team, esp in relation to short and long term decision areas?
Well, first of all, baseball IS a game of statistics. I will continue to post all these stats so I can print them and go over them.

Apart from that, I believe I've done what you've requested throughout the narrative. I've discussed each solid minor league prospect, and my strategy for the timing for their arrival in the bigs. Apart from that, my goal is simply to stay afloat. With a team this bad in Very Hard manager mode, I'm just trying to avoid getting fired before my prospects make it to the bigs. I'm trying to make short-term decisions (hence shorter contracts) to keep enough talent around to keep the team able to meet owner expectations until I can get some real talent, then some wins, then increased fan support, then increased financial wherewithal, then be able to sign big free agents. I thought that was obvious.