Thread: Lost, Season 2
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM   #127
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I guess it all depends with why you watch/enjoy the show, but I have yet to be frustrated by the show for not revealing enough of the mysteries or answering enough questions. If anything, I enjoy how each episode sorta of works to deepen the mystery allowing fans of the show to try and hash out what exactly is going on and how one thing related to another.

I don't think the show has done anything stupid to delay answering questions. It's not like one of the characters suddenly got anmensia for a few hours, or a cougar appeared out of nowhere, or the guy with the answers to the questions was suddenly put upon and killed by a gang of rednecks in downtown Los Angeles. Unlike "24" (from which all the examples above are taken), the writers haven't gone off on any superfluous frolics or detours to extend the show or obfuscate the mysteries. Each scene either further developes the characters, deepens the mysteries, answers some small part of it, or some combination of all three. The plot and story are moving along at their own pace. The characters are great and deep and I enjoy watching their stories unfold on screen and seeing how one thing connects with another.

Take last night's episode for example. I thought the scene from Locke's perspective was great. The clock, the riddle, the "are you him", the interaction between Locke and Kate, Kate crawling through the air ducts (hubba hubba!), all of that. I would much rather see all of the details and the mysteries from each angle and let things deepen, than just sort of a "set 'em up, knock 'em down" approach to questions in the show.

So long as the characters remain believable and true and the quality of the writing, acting, and directing remain top notch (as they have been throughout) I am more than happy to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'm a gigantic fan of the show, don't get me wrong. I just personally find Michael to be the least interesting character on the show, and I've been generally bored with all his episodes. We should be safe from another one for a while, which is good.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote