Thread: Lost, Season 2
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 07:40 AM   #103
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

I haven't read any other posts yet, so I'm not sure how much of this has been covered yet.

My first thought was that the hatch is some kind of Cold War bunker... but that idea goes out the window with the countdown and logo on the shark. I'm assuming that the countdown is some sort of self destruct thing so Desmond can't leave (although after re-watching the episode, it's weird Desmond got so destracted with Kate & Locke).... and the branding is also on the food in the hatch, and seems to be some sort of security system. So if it was a bunker, why wouldn't the person ever be allowed to leave?

My mom says the answer to Desmond's question to Locke about the snowman is: Can you smell carrots? Is that some sort of clue, or it it simply the "password" for the hatch people? The hatch was made for two people, and by Desmond's reaction to Locke it doesn't seem like the other person has been there yet.

... However, the protein shakes and ??steroids?? (injection stuff) would explain Ethan's strength. But how did he get out?

A friend of a friend, who watched the show with her Korean friend said that one of the words Jin said when running from the forest was "infected." Take that speculation how you will... but it did seem like those people were a tad crazy in the preview. Are they "the others" the french woman was talking about, or are they infected survivors & not all of them (Michelle Rodriguez) have been infected?

I've heard two explanations for what Walt said in the premiere:
- Don't press th buttons the numbers are bad.
- Press the buttons, no numbers are bad.

Walt's connection with the polar bear continues...

The timeline doesn't fit for Desmond being down there since the 80's, at least I don't think it does. I seem to remember that Jack and his fiance didn't know each other for that long... that puts the accident in the early 90's... but in order for Desmond to be there the whole time he had to been there since at least 1988 (french woman has been there for 16 years). So that brings me to the question of... is that Desmond or a twin? He didn't seem to recognize Jack, and you'd think he'd remember the miracle the performed. And if it is him, and my timeline is correct, how does this fit i with the french woman and her boat?

The magnet answers the questions about the compass in episode one & two, the weird piece of metal swooping down and blowing up the engine in episode one... and the plane crash. At least I think it does.

So there's my random thought so far this season... and does anyone no where I can re-watch the preview for next week?
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote